Book Tour Event
August 16: An Evening of Music and Conversation (Portland, ME)
“If I do this, then God will do that.”
Here at The BTS Center, we have gotten to know Doug—who is not only an author, but also a pastor (of Solomon’s Porch in Minneapolis), a convener, a runner, and a self-proclaimed “goodness conspirator” and “possibility evangelist”—through our mutual engagement with The Convergence Movement, which is “bringing together forward-thinking Catholics, Evangelicals, and mainline Protestants, along with ethnic and peace churches and other willing colleagues, in a growing movement-building collaborative.”
The more we’ve come to know Doug, the more we’ve come to admire his sense of humor, conviviality, casual leadership style, and deep love of God. We’re proud to call him a friend and to have the chance to bring him to Maine and introduce him to you.
And the best part of it all is that Doug isn’t coming to Maine alone. Throughout this summer’s Flipped Book Tour, Doug is traveling with his good friend Heatherlyn, an amazing singer-songwriter. Originally from the East Coast of Maine, Heatherlyn has been honored twice as a Midwest Regional Finalist and awarded the Midwest “People’s Choice” of NPR’s Mountain Stage/NewSong Performance Contest. Together, Doug and Heatherlyn are quite a pair, treating audiences to excellent conversation along with thought-provoking, heartfelt music.
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
- 9:30 AM Worship Service
- Doug and Heatherlyn will lead worship
- First Parish Congregational Church (116 Main St.; Yarmouth, ME)
- 7:30 PM Flipped Book Tour Event
- An opportunity for conversation, music, and the signing of books
- HopeGateWay – Forest Avenue Campus (509 Forest Avenue; Portland, ME)
- Parking: HopeGateWay has an underground parking garage; the ramp is one unit beyond 509 Forest Avenue. Street parking is often available on Forest Avenue and many residential side streets. Finally, a satellite parking lot is located at 41 Ashmont Street.
There is no cost to attend either event. But for the purpose of planning refreshments, we are asking people to RSVP for the evening Book Tour Event.